Monday, May 12, 2014

The Cast Away

Another old film that I've only heard of. I may have watched a few parts of it before but never had the chance to watch the whole movie. On my last vacation, I decided to buy a DVD copy of this and watched it before I slept.

Picture
I considered before buying. Tom Hanks' movies tend to be pretty lengthy but are almost always worth the time spent watching. I made a right choice to buy this movie. When I was younger I'd imagine being stuck in an island alone or perhaps with a few chosen companions. I had never considered the way I would be stuck in that imaginary island, or how difficult it would be to survive.

As a spin off, I had also been re-watching the series "Lost" before I went on vacation. It was a pretty bad idea to have a 7 hour marathon of the first part of season 1 considering I was leaving on vacation on a plane the very next day. Needless to say, for the first time I was actually worried. Two days before my vacation ended, I watched this movie. Well, on my flight back home - late afternoon to evening, it started to rain and oh, I almost peed my pants when there were multiple turbulence and seat belt lights on. I would never want to be stuck in an island alone. I would probably go insane, or die trying to live. On the other hand, watching those documentaries on people who survived on Discovery channel may come in handy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment