Sunday, July 6, 2014

List of Filipino series to watch

I have probably only ever watched a maximum of 10-15 Filipino movies my entire life. When my aunt was sick and had to stay with us for a period of time, I learned to watch local channels and then some. It is my first time to ever begin and actually follow Pinoy teleseryes, except for one I watched a long time ago entitled "Enkantadia." That was really good. 

As of now, I've only finished one, continuing another, and following one that had just begun. I imagine I would watch a few more in the future. Some Pinoy Teleseryes are not bad.


1. Mirabella

Stirring away from the typical story lines, Mirabella is a fantasy series that revolves around a girl, cursed with the appearance of wooden skin. The series picks up from stories of lust, love, greed, revenge and pride. A nice twist of karma every now and then sends viewers waiting to see what happens next. For a first time TV lead role, I think Julia Barretto did a great job. It is a sin not to mention Mylene Dizon's amazing acting and the way she must have taken care of her entire body. Such beauty and elegance.


2. Dyesebel

There is no doubt that Anne Curtis-Smith is gorgeous. Her playing the part of Dyesebel was perhaps one of the good choices of ABS-CBN. I was interested in Dyesebel at the beginning of the series and still continue to watch it as it is about to end. It may have been that Dyesebel is a re-run of a story from a long time back and is attempted to adapt to the current age; but the script maybe should have been more modernized for Dyesebel's personality. I mean really, no one at that age can be so naive. Especially her "human" partner Fredo. I am however, still interested in fantasy series. Although a little old school for my taste, it's still a series to recommend.

3. Sana Bukas Pa Ang Kahapon

A clear manifestation of a certain topic about Filipino series. Repetitive with a twist. I clearly only started watching this series because of Bea Alonzo. I watched some parts of a few of her movies and I like the way she commits to her roles. I am still watching this in the hopes of Paulo Avelino's face or voice to show more emotion that he maybe thinks he is showing. hehe. I hope it gets even more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment